While I always try to give as many reasons to participate in charitable events as possible, such as a walkathon, I will now appeal to the selfish side that is lurking in all of us. Some of us do not like to admit that it is there, and it is bigger in some people than others, but we all possess it. So for those that need some extra motivation, I present to you the wonderful world of raffles. Yes, most of the events that I go to have some sort of raffle, and through the kindness of product donations you can walk away with some pretty nice gifts. Case in point, 4 months ago I came home with a brand new toaster oven. I did not think that I needed a toaster oven, I was not looking to get a new one, I do not even make toast but twice a year, but this thing is awesome. It is actually more oven than toaster and I now find myself using this everyday. And this is just one of the many awesome things that you can end up winning. All you have to do is buy a cheap ticket to get in the drawing.
After WinningWhen I got home with my new haul I wasn’t quite sure what I had. I didn’t know if it was a cheap appliance that was one step above an Easy Bake oven. Well to my surprise I had won one of the top toaster ovens on the market. I started going through various online reviews and found that the Breville smart oven that I was staring at on my kitchen counter was the best rated toaster oven on most of these review sites. Talk about excited. When I finally unboxed the BOV800XL (best model) I could see why this thing was so highly rated, and I hadn’t even plugged it in yet. This thing is sharp looking. Stainless steel, shiny knobs, and a LCD display. This is a toaster oven straight off of the Starship Enterprise. The next step of course was to give it a test run.
Turning on My Breville Smart OvenAfter quickly flipping through the instruction manual I figured there was no better way to test it out than to make some toast. This helped me meet my quota for yearly toast consumption. The inside of this oven is quite roomy and I had to take some other appliances off of my countertop, that I don’t use, just to make some room for it. It did a wonderful job on the toast, not that I am a toast expert, but I was impressed. The first night with my new machine I was like a kid who just got a new bike at Christmas. I would just stare at it sitting all shiny in my kitchen. That was actually the first time that I felt bad about the shape my kitchen was in, that is how nice this oven looks. After that I was ready to delve into the world of cooking with my new toaster oven.
No More Fast FoodAfter I had gone through the oven reviews, I next tried to find me some recipes to give this thing a proper workout. I ended up trying a simple chicken drumstick and potato dish. I did not want to turn into a snob so fast and just left it simple. After following the recipe I was left with meal that was probably the best that I had in a few months. I was skeptical that a countertop oven could actually cook something good, but this dish came out better than good. It was moist, cooked evenly, and it smelled fantastic. From that moment on I was hooked. I then started finding more recipes that I could use for the entire family. Full bird chicken dishes, casseroles, fish, you name it and this Breville toaster oven could handle it. Of course I quickly realized just how well this gem bakes as well. We went on quite the cooky binge at first, although we have tapered down from our sugar rush. After a few weeks I found that I was cooking more, and getting fast food, or frozen meals less. Not only was it simple, but I was able to make healthier meals that everyone could enjoy. I was a happy Mom, and this little oven did it.
Moral of The StoryYou never know what you are going to get when you end up doing good things. I ended up going to this rally for breast cancer, and I come home with something that has transformed the way that I feed myself and my family. Good things to happen to good people sometimes. So get out there and give of yourself, because you never know what you might get in return.
When it comes to looking for the right juicer, rather than buying the first one you see, you might want to take a few different factors into consideration. With all of the different brand names and types of juicers available it may seem like an impossible task. However, finding the right juicer that will fit your all of your important criteria should be simple with the proper research. Some of the areas that are important for your choice to have should include the following:
Type Of JuicerThere are two main types of juicers, and they will both give you a different consistency of juice. A centrifugal juicer will churn out a smooth cup of juice that has little or virtually no lumps, where as a masticating juicer will provide thicker juices that aren’t as smooth. The more expensive machines tend to be centrifugal juicers that can give you surprisingly smooth juices with little effort.
SpeedWhen you’re shopping for a juicer, you’ll come across juicers with a wide variety of speeds. The speed depends on the juicers wattage, the higher the wattage, the faster the speed. Another factor that determines the speed is the cost, and you’ll find the more expensive juicers can reach up to 14,000 rpm, whereas the cheaper ones are likely to be less than 100 rpm. Some juicers also come with variable speeds, enabling you to juicer soft and hard fruit and vegetables effortlessly. Centrifugal juicers use centrifugal force to extract juice from the pulp, so these will operate at much higher speeds than masticating juicers. One of the drawbacks of higher speeds is having a loud juicer. This is something to keep in mind if noise is something that really bothers you.
Size Of Juice CupWhile you may not automatically consider the size of the juice cup to be hugely important, if you want to make three or more glasses of juice at a time, you will need a good sized juice cup. A liter cup will hold 2-3 glasses of juice, if you want to make more, you should look for a juicer with a bigger cup so you won’t have to keep waiting for the juicer to catch up.
Wide Feed TubeIf you would like to make the juicing process as effortless as possible, you should ideally look for a juicer that has a 3+ inch feed tube. The wider the feed tube is, the less cutting and chopping you will have to do. Some feed tubes are so wide a whole apple can be placed in the juicer quite easily.
Dishwasher SafeBuying a juicer that is dishwasher safe will save you a lot of time and effort. These days’ most juicers can be taken apart and placed in the dishwasher. There will always be a few parts that cannot be placed in the dishwasher, but most of the juicer will be safe to add, thereby making your life a little easier.
BudgetOne of the most important factors that will heavily influence the juicer you buy relates to your budget. Some of the very best juicer around can cost in excess of $400, but you can still get some pretty good ones for under $150. If you’re not looking for anything fancy, and all you want is a basic juicer that gives you a few cups at a time, then you may not have to spend much at all. If you want the works, and a juicer that is capable of giving you some very smooth juice incredibly quickly, then $300-$500 should be your price range.
Brand Names JuicersPerhaps the two most reputable brands when it comes to juicers are Omega and Breville. Omega makes some of the top rated masticating juicers that you can buy, and when it comes to centrifugal juicers, you cannot beat a Breviile machine. The best juicers 2018 list is dominated by these two brands and for good reason. Owner scores and customer reviews for these top juicer makers are extremely high. Getting a cheap juicer will often leave a bad taste in your mouth, sometimes literally, so it is wise to invest a little more in a quality machine up front. You cannot go wrong with either one of these brand juicers.
The best thing about being a grandparent is being able to spoil the grandchildren at each and every turn. However, you can also shower them with some of the finer things that are also good for them. The first opportunity you have to do this is with their car seat. This is an important purchase and it is often something that parents normally struggle with. You want to find something that is super safe but also comfortable and easy to use. There are a ton of options out there and finding the perfect fit may seem like an impossible tasks. We will try to make this process a little easier by highlighting one of the better options on the market. Not only will you be helping your grandkids by getting something that will protect them, but it is something they will love to ride in. You will also have the added bonus of helping your kids by getting something that is simple to use and will help their bottom line. The Chicco Nextfit convertible car seat is a brilliant choice on so many levels. Let's see what this child seat has to offer your family.
- Two Configurations : It is a perfect convertible car seat, that means it can be easily used in two different configurations, either as a rear-facing infant car seat or as a forward-facing car seat. Also, it has adjustable seat belts for both forward facing and rear facing.
- Multiple Recline Positions : It is an important feature, where the built-in system allows the accurate and easy adjustments for ensuring a perfect fit in a wide range of vehicles.
- Dual Level Indicators : This feature indicates the correct seat angle in both forward and rear-facing seat modes.
- Latch Tightener : The latest SuperCinch tightener uses the advanced force-multiplying technology that helps your baby to achieve a tight, compact, and secure fit without much effort, hassle, or glitch.
- Adjustable : The convertible car seat offers the shoulder straps of rear-facing to adjust the position accurately for younger children supporting the weight between 5-40 pounds. And for older children, the car seat offers the shoulder strap supporting the weight between 22-65 pounds allowing the automatic adjustments and a perfect fit for forward-facing car seats.
- Safe Harness : The Harness Management System of this car seat features a padded, flex-out design in order to keep the harness up and out whenever required.
- Integrated Slide Path : The slide path of this model really makes it pretty easy to re-position the latch strap when switching the seat from forward-facing to rear-facing.
- Cupholder : The car seat offers a thermal-insulated cup holder on either side of the seat.
- One-pull tightener : The easy-grip and one-hand harness tightener always offers an extremely quick and secure fit.
- Latch Storage : The car seat has compartments on either side to store the latch connectors.
- Infant Insert : This feature provides an additional support for smaller children (with a weight between 5 to 11 pounds).
- Removable seat pads : This feature allows you to easily remove the seat pads for a machine wash.
What is There To Love?
- Extremely easy to install, it only requires a few minutes to set up this car seat simply, securely, and accurately - every time.
- The design looks quite classy, rich, and elegant.
- It has seat belt lock offs for providing a better support and additional security of your baby.
- The biggest advantage : it doesn't have re-thread harness.
- This exclusive car seat easily fits any average newborns.
- Excellent harness design.
- It has two-position chest clips i.e one position for rear-facing and one position for forward facing.This seat also has two-position crotch buckle.
- It has a huge 50 inch rear facing height limit which is really ideal for older children.
- The padding and plastic shell of this car seat seem really protective.
- The only cons of this model is that sometimes it becomes little difficult to tighten the harness on lower settings.